A new version of the DIY Packraft will be available soon!
Kits save you money on shipping costs because they weigh less than plans + uncut fabric, and they save you time because you don’t need to mark and cut the fabric panels yourself.
Double-Layer Floor Option Now Disabled: The previously available double-layer 210D floor option has been disabled because the soon-to-be-released V3 DIY Packraft, featuring 420D or 1000D floors, will take its place.
Seams and floor fabric can be black or the same color as your tubes for no extra charge – please indicate your preference in the Note to Merchant section of the checkout form. If no preference is indicated, your order may be made with black floor and seams.
- Small with single-layer floor: 1460 grams (3.21 lbs)
- Small with double-layer floor: 1665 grams (3.67 lbs)
- Medium with single-layer floor: 1500 grams (3.31 lbs)
- Medium with double-layer floor: 1620 grams (3.57 lbs)
- Large with single layer-floor: 1585 grams (3.49 lbs)
- Large with double layer-floor: 1745 grams (3.85 lbs)
Tools & Materials required:
- heat-sealing iron
- a wood or ceramic bowl to drape the fabric over
- parchment paper (silicone coated baking paper – available in your local grocery store)
- a small amount of glue, such as Aquaseal
- Seat plans (free download) or a seat kit
- 1 m 210D or 40D heat sealable nylon fabric – if making a seat from plans
- Small valve or top-up valve or boston valve – if making a seat from plans
- Top-up valve – for adjusting air pressure in packraft while paddling
- Airtight zipper – allows internal gear storage and simplified repairs
- Aquaseal – glue for valve installation and repairs
- Seam Grip – seam sealer for leak prevention
For more information about how the kit pieces fit together, check out the text+picture+video instructions here.
Camouflage fabric is currently out of stock.
*For multi-colour packrafts, please use the “Note to Merchant” field in the checkout form to describe the colour scheme you want. To compare different colour options, you can print this outline and colour it in: diy-packraft-outline.