Home Forums DIY Packrafts Alignment issue

• Creator
    Topic
    snowmax
    Participant

Hello all,

I am a slow builder: I started assembling my V3 packraft in 2018 and I am still working on it! I’ve moved countries since the start and have just unpacked the box with all the parts and getting back into it.

I have opted for the method where I will join the tubes at the back and have glued tubes 1-4 (right and left). I’ve noticed that I did quite a bad job with tube 4L a while ago, and am left with quite a significant gap between 4L and 5L.

Overview:

Overview

Seam issue:

Seam problem

How can I save this? By adding material or by trimming the slit? I am afraid if I trim the slit, I will have issues with the gap caused when joining 4L and 5L together…

Max

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by snowmax. Reason: typo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Matt (Admin)
      Keymaster

Hi Max – well done for sticking with the project!

I think trimming the slit will be the best approach here. It might make a slight dimple in the tube there when it’s inflated, but that part will be underwater, so it won’t be very noticeable.

If you have a seam strip that is longer than required, you could extend the slit a bit farther into the floor (an inch or two) so you can trim up to the other end of 4L and make the trimmed slit edge a bit less curved.

Alternatively, using an extra wide seam strip could help here, but honestly I think it would be pretty difficult to execute well, so trimming the slit is probably the better option.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.