Before beginning construction, identify the parts of your kit and place the pieces somewhere safe where they won’t get lost. Each kit includes:
- Ten tube pieces, numbered 1-5, L & R (Left and Right), with the forward direction indicated by an arrow
- One Boston valve (black)
- One small valve for the seat (clear and black)
- One top-up valve (black valve stem and black+white twist valve)
- One floor piece (420D or 1000D, black)
- Six seam strips (black), each ~2 m long
- Seat fabric, including top/bottom and three rectangular baffles
- Inflation bag fabric (lightweight 40D fabric)
- Inflation bag adapter tube (black, approximately 5 cm/2″ long)
- Inflation bag 1000D fabric, approximately 10cm/4″ square (or a larger scrap of 1000D fabric)
- Scrap tube fabric
- Scrap floor fabric
- Airtight zipper + lubrication, if ordered
Before starting on your packraft, take a few minutes to adjust your iron to the correct temperature and practice proper heat sealing technique. You may also want to build confidence by constructing your inflation bag and seat first.
- Practice Proper Heat Sealing Technique (important!)
- Inflation bag kit instructions
- Seat kit Instructions
V3 DIY Packraft Kit Instructions
Note: Due to plagiarism, access to the following pages is limited to those who have purchased a V3 kit or plans. The techniques are similar to those used in the V2 DIY Packraft instructions, which anyone can view, but the packraft design and assembly methods are improved.
Questions? Leave a comment below!