Home Forums DIY Packrafts DIY Inflatable Kayak

• Creator
    Topic
    zachschiada
    Participant

I’m kind of new to the inflatables world, but just finished a Telkwa recently. It was a fun experience, but I decided I probably won’t build another kit anytime soon due to the time it takes and attention away from my wife and kids. I recently discovered online, however, that NRS used to build a whitewater inflatable kayak out of TPU in the Bandit I kayak.

Has there been anyone on here that’s ever looked into building a DIY kayak, where instead of joints for one continuous tube, you just have one piece of tube fabric that gets inflated on either side and then I’m guessing tube fabric as an inflatable seat that covers the whole bottom? The only ones that I currently know are being produced are the Aqua Xtreme Edge kayak and Aquaglide Cirrus.

If there ever were a DIY kit or plans for one, I might be interested in getting out the iron again for another project. I am enjoying my Telkwa by the way. It’s already gotten some use on a section of river nearby my house where I can paddle down to some rapids on the Cape Fear River and then hike a mile up back to my car. It used to be a pain with my 35 lb whitewater kayak to hike back up, but was easy with the packraft.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.