Home Forums DIY Packrafts Fabric suppliers

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Damo
    Participant

Hi just wondering if anyone knows of a decent supplier for extra fabric.  I’ve looked around various suppliers, but no real luck with anything decently priced or fitting the requirements.  I’m wanting to make a few inflatable floors/seats.

I’m located in Australia if that helps, but I assume a local supplier here will be impossible to find.

Unless Matt wants to start selling fabric again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Mark-USA
      Participant

Has anyone tried this supplier or fabric?  150 GSM, 70D TPU coated ripstop nylon at Adventurexpert. https://www.adventurexpert.com/product/70d-nylon-h-ripstop-fabric/

Michael 2.0
      Participant

Someone may have already mentioned it, but in my search for double-sided TPU-coated fabric, I came across adventurexpert.com, a shop in Slovenia.
      I placed a small order and am now waiting for delivery.
      Does anyone know this shop and have any experience with them?

Damo
      Participant

GP Packraft Seat/FloorI’m not really looking at self bailing at the moment. Here in Tasmania the water is always cold, especially in the creeks and rivers that start from the mountains. I’ve just ordered a two piece suit to ensure I stay dry (and therefore warmer).

I have attached an image of a floor I am wanting to build. These are about 150€ each and postage. So for 3 of them delivered is about 500€ (775AUD).  And they are not designed to fit my DIYPackraft, hence why I want to give it a try custom building some. I was thinking the light ripstop material – but it could have too much flex for a floor, so I am also open to trying the 210D fabric the tubes are made out of. I’ll look at Extrimtextil, and see what they have on offer. I have already sourced some TPU valves and bits and pieces, I’m just needing the right fabric.

If you do decide you want to sell some fabric, please let me know. I at least know and trust the quality of your fabric.

Matt (Admin)
      Keymaster

Hi Damo, the only suppliers I’m aware of are ExtrimTextil in Germany, Seattle Fabrics in the US, and Aliexpress in China. I didn’t like the fabrics from Seattle Fabrics (melting point of fabric too similar to melting point of coating), and the reviews of the fabrics on Aliexpress are pretty bad (the coatings easily delaminate). In your case the shipping costs from ExtrimTextil might not be worse than from North America, so it might be worth a try. I don’t know if that qualifies as “decently priced” though.

I’m working on an inflatable floor/seat design for a self-bailing option if that’s what you’re planning to make. Depending on how the next few months go I might have to start selling fabric in order to stay afloat.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.