Home Forums DIY Packrafts Please tell me this is fixable!

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Alex.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Alex
    Participant

So, I’m an idiot and wasn’t paying close enough attention to aligning the second part of part 3r. I only realized after I got to the second part of part 4r and that wave of dread rushed over me.  Is this a fixable problem?

What I am thinking is that I can just trim 3r back as I attach it to 4r with the joining strip, eventually exposing the angle point on the floor. I am just not sure how to correct it on the 2r side. This side is short of the angle point on the floor.  I don’t know if I am going to have wide enough scrap that long to make joining strips.

Am I headed in the right direction with my solutions? Any help from you folks would be greatly appreciated. I only have a couple weeks until my trip and don’t think I have enough time, with shipping and my schedule (much less $) to start over.

Tube 3r/2r connection side.

3r/4r connection sideThanks in advance,

Alex

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Alex
      Participant

Thank you so much Matt!

Matt (Admin)
      Keymaster

Hi Alex – don’t panic! This is fixable.

It doesn’t look too far off and I think you’ll be alright. If worse comes to worst, send me an email through the Contact page and I’ll give you my phone number so I can help you out. I’m off to dinner now, but briefly, here’s what I propose:

Position 4R so it lines up with the floor slit and 5R, and trim the overlap between 3R and 4R as you suggested.

Instead of matching 2R to the corner on the floor, match it to the position of 3R and accommodate the difference by fudging the position of 1R and 1L as necessary. As long as they line up with each other, don’t worry too much about the marks on the floor.

You may end up with a few extra wrinkles in the tubes, but honestly I don’t think it’s going to end up being a big deal.

Cheers!

Matt

Alex
      Participant

I just realized this should have gone in the help section and I don’t know how to change it. Sorry (first time poster).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.