Home Forums DIY Packrafts Seat Tie-in tabs

• Creator
    Topic
    Bruce
    Participant

It is easy to add tabs to tie-in your seat when installing the V3 reinforcing strips. Small tabs made from 420D or 1000D two-sided fabric can be ironed in between the reinforcing strip and the tube section. Seat tie-down tabs

Punch holes in the tab, I used a leather punch, and short pieces of parachute cord to tie in your seat. (I punch matching holes in my seat, which I built with a 15 mm strip of 420D fabric in the edge seam.)

Bruce

Fairbanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Matt (Admin)
      Keymaster

For the “V4” boats with the hourglass shaped seat/seat back, I find that a single “Type 2” attachment point (on the Tie-Downs & Attachment Points page) works well at the rear of the cockpit floor. I tie a length of cord through the attachment point and around the neck of the seat.

unnamedpeaks
      Participant

Has this become a standard part of the plan for the v4 boats? Or is there another method for keeping the seat in place?

David Talbot
      Participant

Solved the problem I’ve been thinking about thanks! Will put some these in to hold in both the seat and the thermarest floor I’m planning

Taylor
      Participant

I can’t quite grasp how this works, Bruce. Where does the parachute cord go?

Bruce
        Participant

Taylor,

Punch holes in the tabs. Here’s another photo, pardon the poor image, but I hope you can see the holes. They are ready for short pieces of cord to tie to matching holes punched in similar tabs in the seat. The goal is to prevent the seat from floating away should you be si-washed in whitewater. Or carrying the raft from the car for that matter.

Seat tie-in tabs, with holes punched for cord.

Taylor
          Participant

I see it now;  thank you Bruce!

Matt (Admin)
      Keymaster

Another excellent idea out of Fairbanks! Thanks, Bruce, and keep ’em coming!

I’ll add this to the how-to page so more people will see it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.