Home Forums DIY Packrafts DIY Packraft fabrics: Green

• Creator
    Topic
    Matt (Admin)
    Keymaster

Several people have requested green fabric, and I’m wondering what hue appeals to people most. If you could have any shade of green, which would you pick? Keep in mind that it should complement the red, yellow, and blue fabrics already available in the shop.

As a starting point, here are some options:

Pantone Greens

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Matt (Admin).
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      mikkel
      Participant

Hi Matt.

Any thoughts on when in april the “green stuff” will be available? Could you make it available for preorder?

Matt (Admin)
        Keymaster

Hi Mikkel, I have just posted an update about this here. I will add the green fabric to the shop so it’s available for pre-order – that’s a good idea. Thanks!

mikkel
          Participant

you’re welcome

and thank you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Matt (Admin)
      Keymaster

After counting the votes and examining the spread in tastes, I chose 3435 because, of the dark greens, it was the most balanced along the yellow-blue spectrum. (If you haven’t calibrated your monitor, it may look different for you.) It will arrive in April.

Thanks to everyone who voted!

Lyn St George
      Participant

343 seems to be a clear favourite – and a worthy one too, nicely dark and stealthy. Any chance of getting this colour into stock soon?

Joe Wright
      Participant

362 is the winner for me..

Joy
      Participant

Yes, a green – was missing it in your colors.
      Well, something like: 3425, 341, 3435, 343 – would be nice – and if “lighter” 362 – would be nice!

mikkel
      Participant

Agree.. 340, 3435, 343. I also got the MRS X2 in green. very nice. Definetely going for something dark green and stealthy. Was actually thinking about which colour to build the next one in.. Having to finish the black one though. Might go for camoflage. but the green would probably be my first choice if offered.

Tomi
      Participant

Hello,

I vote the 350 or 363. Hope that my laptop display will not fool me ๐Ÿ™‚

Generally all three columns from right looks best for me. Left side is not very natural on my screen.

Btw with my blue packraft I found an interesting thing. In digital photos it looks much brighter compared to real world eye view.

Quincy
      Participant

I like the 343!

Lyn St George
      Participant

Something like Pantone 342/3425, 343, 357 would suit me. Something dark and stealthy rather than light and bright. Alpacka and MRS both do a nice enough green. I have an MRS X2 in green which blends into the scenery on the bank.

I understand that complementing the other primary colours is an option to consider, but I imagine that most peope considering a green would want the whole boat in green. For myself, I will never take this to a river by car for a day with other boats and then take it home. It will always be in my rucksack and walked into places, usually solo, so I’m quite keen to keep in sync with natural forest colours.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Lyn St George. Reason: Oops, replied to the wrong post and now can't move it
      • This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Matt (Admin).
        Matt (Admin)
        Keymaster

@lynsg Thanks for your input and for prompting this discussion – at your suggestion, I have deleted the other thread to avoid confusion.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.