Home Forums DIY Packrafts TiZip MasterSeal 6

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    dwhite
    Participant

TiZip MasterSeal 6 – I am looking to buy a lightweight watertight zipper, not unlike the one used by Alpacka on internal cargo fly dry bags.  I am planning to make a similar style dry bag, but smaller, to put my clothing in when I wear my dry suit, or vice versa.  I expect it would be oval shaped and about 10 inches wide and 16 inches long.   The zipper would run in the middle , lengthwise and would need to be about 14 inches long.

The TiZip rep for North America indicates that they are unavailable except by wholesale.   Does anyone know where to source these reatail?  I would even import from Europe to get one as it is a key requirement for my gear customization.  Many thanks in advance.

Derrick

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      dwhite
      Participant

I should have been clear that I am actually getting MasterSeal 6’s from them which are lighter for my purposes.

dwhite
      Participant

Thank you Lyn.  I ordered two.  The chain length is 19 cm, so a little short for my purpose but it will work.

Lyn St George
      Participant

You can get masterseal 10’s from extremtextil.de in Germany. They currently have 23cm, 71cm and 91cm long zips. Or you can get superseals from lomo.co.uk, but these are much heavier and more expensive, more suited to the boat rather than the gear.

Cheers
      Lyn

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.