Home Forums DIY Packrafts Voyageur Seat and Inflatable Floor

• Creator
    Topic
    Derek
    Participant

If you don’t feel like spending a bunch of time working on seats and an inflatable floor, the Exped Air Pillow ($45) (XL) and Big Agnes Air Core Ultra ($79) fit perfectly into the Voyageur build if you make the Voyageur a little bigger.  Either way, sleeping pads are dual purpose, don’t take any time to build, and are pretty affordable.

The Big Agnes pad fits the width perfectly and is a HUGE improvement to the packraft.   The seat is durable, comfortable, and light.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Kenny
      Participant

I’m thinking about making the Voyageur but haven’t pulled the trigger quite yet. I would be interested in making it self bailing. Would the Big Agnes work as the second floor on a self bailer? Also how hard is it to make the Voyageur longer? What additional material is needed?

Derek
        Participant

When I made the Voyageur longer it was my first packraft build and I screwed some stuff up.  If I had to do it over again, I’d say no, it is not harder, just more time consuming by adding a couple seams.

I can’t answer your question about self-bailer.  If you buy a Big Agnes, be sure it fits your floor length.  My Voyageur is gigantic, and it fits perfect and works really well.

Bruce
      Participant

Great to know the Big Agnes fits my Voyager. An interesting complaint packrafters made about using their camping pads for the floor of their packraft was sleeping on a wet pad. A solution is to put the pad under the tent floor!

Bruce

Fairbanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.