Home Forums DIY Packrafts Foot Rest?

• Creator
    Topic
    Pilotpeat
    Participant

I haven’t been able to find any previous threads about foot rests.  We sized up our Skeenas so we have a bit of extra length to use them with BikeRafting. This means we have some extra room between our feet and the inside front of the raft.  I expect we sometimes may not have gear with us and am thinking about using some of the extra material to make inflatable foot rests.  Has anyone else tried that? Photos?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Cate
      Participant

Matt,

The link you have “cannot be found” when I click it.

(looks like I just have to wait to receive my password when my kit arrives to view the link)

Cate’

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Cate.
        Matt (Admin)
        Keymaster

I’ve fixed the broken link – thanks for bringing it to my attention. Just send me an email if you’ve ordered and want to get your password early 🙂

Matt (Admin)
      Keymaster

I haven’t made one, but the easiest way would be to fold a circle or rectangle of fabric in half and seal the edges together. Add a top-up valve for inflation/deflation, and add at least one attachment point by sandwiching some floor material into the edge as in this seat: https://www.diypackraft.com/construction/how-to/seat-bottom-assembly/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Matt (Admin). Reason: Fixed broken link
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.